If you’re in need of a plumbing refresh, start with your kitchen sink. No matter how much time and money you put into refreshing the look of your kitchen, an old or ill-functioning sink can quickly undermine the aesthetic impact. Thankfully, you can take a few simple steps to make sure the kitchen sink looks and functions its best. Here are three tips for refreshing your sink:
1. Upgrade Your Fixture: One easy way to refresh your kitchen sink is to replace the faucet fixture. Replacing an outdated or worn-out fixture with a modern one is a great way to instantly upgrade the look and feel of your kitchen. When choosing a faucet fixture, make sure to choose one that’s easy to clean, doesn’t corrode easily, and matches the existing style of the room.
2. Don’t Forget The Drains: Clogged or slow-draining sinks can quickly become a nuisance. To keep things flowing freely, regularly inspect and clean all drains in the sink area. Over time, grease and other residues can build up in drains and affect water flow. If they are not regularly cleaned they can become clogged, making it difficult to clear out debris when you need it most.
3. Consider Adding A Disposal Unit: If you’re looking for an added level of convenience in the kitchen, consider adding an in-sink food disposal unit. These units will grind up food and other materials so that they can easily be washed away from the sink drain. This is a great way to clear out organics quickly – meaning no more stinky standing water or backed up drains!
Whether you’re looking for minor changes or major renovations, following these tips should help you take your kitchen sink from dull to dynamic. With a little bit of effort, you can go from having an outdated kitchen sink to one that adds both visual and functional value to your home.
Whether you’re refreshing a kitchen in an older home, or just want to give your kitchen sink a makeover, installing a new sink is a great place to start. You may think that plumbing is too complicated for a DIY project, but with a few key tips, you can upgrade your sink with ease!
1. Measure Wisely: Before going out shopping for a new sink and fixtures, take accurate measurements of the existing sink and components. Measure the cabinet dimensions, and make sure to account for any recessed countertops, trim work or overhang that could interfere with the installation. Knowing the exact size and particularities of your kitchen is key when finding the right fit and style.
2. Sink Styles: Decide on the type of sink you would like to install. There are several types available, such as undermount and drop-in, as well as different materials including stainless steel, composite granite and quartz. Before selecting the style that best fits your needs, consider possible design combinations with your other kitchen components such as your range top, countertop material and faucets.
3. Get Professional Help: Finally, it is recommended to contact a licensed plumber before beginning any kitchen remodel or install project. Plumbers are trained to understand how best to install plumbing systems and can inspect all components in order to ensure proper installation and performance. Consulting a plumber before heading to the store will save you time and money by making sure you have all the tools needed on hand before starting the job.
Giving your kitchen a plumbing refresh doesn’t have to be difficult if you follow these simple tips! By accurately measuring existing components and factoring in design style, plus having an experienced plumber on hand, upgrading your kitchen sink can be stress free!